Thursday, June 24, 2010

Shake of the Month: Strawberry Banana and Fresh Mint


Photo dalboz17)

Something every woman on the go should have in her arsenal is the protein shake.
They are great for after workouts or when you just don’t have time to grab breakfast, lunch or whatever. Although there are many delicious flavors of protein powders out there, I like to purchase vanilla so that I can spruce it up on my own.  My favorite brand is Nature's Plus - Spiru-Tein Vanilla.
June's Shake of the Month is Strawberry Banana Mint. I have more mint growing in the herb garden than I know what to do with at the moment and it gives the shake a summery twist.
Strawberry Banana Mint Shake
1 banana
6 strawberries (fresh or frozen)
5 or 6 mint leaves
1 cup of milk or soy
1 scoop of vanilla protein powder
Combine in a blender. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Super (Dorky) Housewife Design by Insight © 2009
This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates